Created by KW
- Herpes: The virus stays in your body for life. There is no cure; however, medicines can help lessen symptoms, decrease outbreaks, and lower the risk of passing the virus to others
- Gonorrhoea: Treatment is with antibiotics; however treating gonorrhea is becoming more difficult because drug-resistant strains are increasing.
- Chlamydia: Antibiotics can cure the infection but it cannot repair any permanent damage that the disease has caused
- Syphilis: Syphilis is easy to cure with antibiotics if you catch it early
- Medline Plus. Sexually Transmitted Diseases [Internet]. Medline Plus [updated 2017 Dec 6; cited 2018 Jan 18]. Available from: https://medlineplus.gov/sexuallytransmitteddiseases.html