Created by KW
- Hydralyte is safe to use from birth
- Avoid mixing Hydralyte with sugary drinks as they can actually interfere with the rehydration process. In addition, if you have diarrhoea, it can worsen the condition
- Hydralyte can help provide important electrolytes as well as small amounts of glucose to help maintain their blood sugar levels for people with diabetes. It is also crucially important for them to monitor their blood glucose levels during any illness
- Symptoms of dehydration include sticky or dry mouth, increased thirst, fatigue, headache, decreased urine output and dark yellow urine
- Alcohol acts as a diurectic (i.e. it can increase urine output) and may lead to dehydration. For every standard drink you consume (10 mg of pure alcohol) you are likely to urinate 100 mL more than you drink, leading to dehydration
- Care Pharmaceuticals (2018). Dehydration - Hydralyte. [online] Hydralyte. Available at: https://hydralyte.com.au/dehydration/ [Accessed 01 Dec. 2018].