Created by KW
- Dry Scalp: Flakes from dry skin are generally smaller and less oily than those from other causes of dandruff
- Oily Scalp: This condition, one of the most frequent causes of dandruff. It is marked by red, greasy skin covered with flaky white or yellow scales
- Fungus: Malassezia (fungus) lives on the scalps of most adults. But, for some, it irritates the scalp and can cause more skin cells to grow
- Shampooing infrequently: If you don't regularly wash your hair, oils and skin cells from your scalp can build up, causing dandruff
- Mayo Clinic Staff (2016). Dandruff - Symptoms and causes. [online] Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/dandruff/symptoms-causes/syc-20353850 [Accessed 17 Dec. 2018].