Created by KW
Extra Information1, 2
- For a normal healthy adults above 18 years of age, you'll need around 1000mg of calcium daily
- To keep it simple, the amount of calcium needed for children is less than 1000mg daily; however the amount required is increased in teenagers and older adults, which equates to about 1300mg daily
- To give some perspective, one cup of milk (250mL) contains about 300mg of calcium. For a more extensive list of calcium content in foods, take a look at this fact sheet.
- Osteoporosis Australia Medical & Scientific Advisory Committee. Calcium [Internet]. Osteoporosis Australia [updated 2017 July 14; cited 2018 Mar 1]. Available from: https://www.osteoporosis.org.au/calcium
- Osteoporosis Australia. The calcium content of selected foods [Internet]. Osteoporosis Australia [updated 2010; cited 2018 Mar 1]. Available from: https://www.osteoporosis.org.au/sites/default/files/files/calcium-food-table-web.pdf